The Thermal Paper Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.7% over the forecast period 2022 to 2031.
– The requirement for thermal paper has been increasing over the past many years, owing to the growing demand for labeling as standardization of product quality of packaged foods. Enhanced thermal paper usage in applications such as label printing is a crucial perspective of driving the overall growth of the Thermal Paper Market. For instance, according to INX International Ink, the printed packaging and label sales revenue is presumed to amount to USD 27.1 billion in 2022, up from USD 24.5 billion in 2031.
– The product is getting full acceptance in the billing operations as it gives the capability to print quickly and efficiently. Moreover, the paper’s endurance and print precision make it simple to read the barcode and thus have gained a significant share in the paper utilities, which is anticipated to drive its need over the forecast period.
Access Free Sample Report Here@ https://www.sdki.us/sample-request-90608
– The mobile POS terminals are extensively used in ticketing applications in buses, trains, and other commercial transports. Moreover, these machines are used for material management in sectors such as government facilities, manufacturing units, and retail centers.
– An increasing number of POS terminal in public facilities is likely to support the product demand in the estimated time. For example, as of the close of 2018, there were over 15.2 million points of sale terminals processing payments, reported across the whole EU as against 10.6 million in 2014.
– The strong market presence of numerous manufacturers such as Jujo Thermal, Appvion, and Oji Holdings has resulted in the growing demand for thermal papers. Also, substantial investments in the production of these papers using eco-friendly chemicals as a part of product innovation is a critical aspect that is expected to fuel the product demand in the future.
– The growing ubiquity of stringent Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), which seeks to limit BPA levels in thermal paper, is supposed to check the thermal paper market growth. Increasing awareness regarding less utilization of paper for billing applications and rising online transactions for e-commerce applications have increased the digital receipts, thus negatively impacting the market growth.
Key Market Trends
POS to Drive the Market
– The POS End-user segment is anticipated to progress faster over the forecast period, owing to growing billing purposes in the retail industry across the globe. Besides, an expanding number of supermarkets and hypermarkets in leading economies around the world are anticipated to propel the POS terminal applications and boost the market growth.
– For instance, according to the US Census Bureau, in 2022, the US supermarket and grocery store sales amounted to more than USD 650 billion. This is more than double the sales amounts that were generated back in 1992. Wal-Mart stores dominated sales of the leading grocery retailers in 2019, generating over USD 270 billion, consequently emphasizing the encouraging growth for the market.
– Massive data volumes produced by several business verticals exert enormous pressure on existing businesses to switch to POS systems from traditional transactional methods. POS terminals dodge manual errors in financial billing, inventory management, and offer business reliability. Consequently, developing the retail sector and increased printing of receipts and bills in large- and small-scale stores to spur thermal paper market growth.
– According to CARE Ratings, the value of the organized retail market in India was estimated to be USD 1.2 trillion in 2018. This was an exponential increase compared to USD 518 billion in 2012. Moreover, HKExnews says that in 2019, the global non-luxury retail market ie, expected to grow at approximately USD 29.9 trillion., hence boosting the thermal paper market growth.
To Know How our Report Can Help Streamline Your Business, Ask an Analyst @ https://www.sdki.us/sample-request-90608
– The mobile POS terminals are extensively used in ticketing applications in buses, trains, and other commercial transports. Moreover, these devices are used for material management in sectors such as manufacturing units, government facilities, and retail centers. A rising number of POS terminal in public facilities is likely to support the product demand in the estimated time.
– Cashless payments are widely adopted due to the availability of secure payment solutions and services. POS terminal machines feature real-time analytics, and engage in fast bill processing, maintaining customer records and loyalty programs of retail stores. ATM and credit cards have a unique symbol for contactless payments and easily read by POS machines.
Asia Pacific to Dominate the Thermal Paper Market
– The Asia Pacific commanded the market owing to the well-established food and retail industry in the region, which has majorly contributed to the increasing product demand for billing operations. For instance, according to the National Bureau of Statistics of China, in 2018, the revenue from retail reached CNY 12.5 trillion in China. This indicated an increase in revenue from CNY 12.3 trillion in the previous year.
– According to METI (Japan), in 2018, the total retail sales value in countries like Japan amounted to approximately JPY 144.97 trillion, up from about JPY 142.51 trillion in the previous year. The retail sales value progressed by about JPY 12 trillion in the most recent decade.
– Moreover, the developing trend for shopping online and enhanced related warehousing operations is projected to support the forecast period. For example, according to IBEF & Morgan Stanley, growing at an exponential rate, the market value of the e-commerce industry in India was nearly USD 50 billion in 2022, and is exacted to reach USD 200 billion by 2031.
– In the Asia Pacific, food & beverage industries are projected to be the biggest consumers. Rising demand for packaged food products in growing economies of China and India is likely to drive the demand specialty labels, and tags thus are estimated to impact the thermal paper industry on a positive note.
– Strict regulations regarding the environment and health have resulted in strict norms for the use of thermal paper that includes bisphenol A, thus has influenced the product demand. Nevertheless, technological advancements in the APAC region are expected to present new possibilities for the companies.
The Thermal Paper Market is moderately competitive and consists of several major players. In terms of market share, these significant players currently dominate the market. Moreover, owing to the attendance of many well-established manufacturers, the growth of the thermal paper market is presumed to be further propelled globally. Enterprises operating in the thermal paper market trends are adopting strategies such as new capacity additions, collaborations and acquisitions, and product launches, to intensify their current offerings and target a broader customer base and fasten its market position.
– Dec 2022 – Appvion Operations, Inc. introduced the revolutionary CleanSlate™ POS receipt paper. This new Point-of-Sale (POS) product is a direct thermal paper that is free of reactive chemical developers, phenols, and leuco dye, making it an alternative to the standard POS receipt paper.
– Jan 2022 – Ricoh Company, Ltd. announced the expansion of its existing production line in Europe. Ricoh has planned to invest 3 Billion Yen in Ricoh Industrie France S.A.S. to increase its production capacity by two times to cope with shipping labels demand in Eastern Europe.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
About SDKI :
The dynamic nature of business environment in the current global economy is raising the need amongst business professionals to update themselves with current situations in the market. To cater such needs, Shibuya Data Count ( SDKI ) provides market research reports to various business professionals across different industry verticals, such as healthcare & pharmaceutical, IT & telecom, chemicals and advanced materials, consumer goods & food, energy & power, manufacturing & construction, industrial automation & equipment and agriculture & allied activities amongst others.
For more information, please contact:
Shibuya Data Count
Tel: + 81 3 45720790
More Market Reports: