Thailand data center market will witness investments of USD 1015 million by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 7.99% during 2021-2026
Thailand data center market size is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 7.99% during the period 2020−2026. Thailand data center market research report includes market size in terms of area, investment, power capacity, and colocation revenues. Get insights on 31 existing data center and 3 upcoming facilities spread across 7+ locations.
Key Highlights Offered in the Report:
1. Thailand is an emerging data center market in Southeast Asia, driven by high demand from BSFI, automotive, retail, and content sectors, along with hyperscale service providers.
2. Most data centers in Thailand are located in Bangkok, clustered and as part of commercial buildings, whereas larger dedicated data centers are mostly located at a distance from the city.
3. Bangkok has 22 unique third-party data center facilities accounting for over 55% of the existing power capacity. Other locations such as Chon Buri, Saraburi, Pathum Thani, Chiang Mai, Khon Kaen, and Songkhla will witness increased investments in 2021-2026.
4. In 2016, the Thailand Board of Investments announced tax incentives for data centers, including an eight-year tax privilege, and favored electricity rate for data centers built within an area of at least 21,500 square feet.
5. Thailand has deployed 5G infrastructure as part of its 4.0 digital and economic initiative. Till February 2021, over 300 locations in Thailand had commercial 5G availability. Active implementation and adoption of 5G has also facilitated the adoption of IoT and big data solutions in Thailand.
6. Thailand 4.0 aims to implement smart energy initiatives for economic development. Under the policy, state-owned enterprises can invest over USD 6 billion on smart grids before 2036 to improve the grid’s resilience and efficiency, leading to lower carbon emissions.
• Market Size & Forecast by Area, Power Capacity, Investment, and Colocation Revenue | 2020-2026
• Impact of COVID-19 on Data Center Market
• Snapshot of existing and upcoming third-party facilities in Thailand
o Facilities Covered (Existing): 31
o Facilities Identified (Upcoming): 3
o Coverage: Bangkok and Other Locations (Chon Buri, Saraburi, Pathum Thani, Chiang Mai, Khon Kaen, & Songkhla)
o Existing vs. Upcoming (Data Center Area)
o Existing vs. Upcoming (IT Load Capacity)
• Data center colocation market in Thailand by revenue & forecast (2020-2026)
o Retail Colocation Pricing
o Wholesale Colocation Pricing
• Market Dynamics – Leading trends, growth drivers, restraints, and investment opportunities
• Market Segmentation – A detailed analysis by IT infrastructure, electrical infrastructure, mechanical infrastructure, general construction, and tier standard
• Key Market Participants – List of 10 IT infrastructure providers, 8 construction service providers, 15 support infrastructure providers, and 5 data center investors
Thailand Data Center Market – Segmentation
• Hyperscale data center expansions are likely to increase the demand for servers and promote the procurement of high-performance infrastructure solutions. The server market is shifting from old rack-based servers to blade servers. The market will also witness server procurement via the adoption of converged and hyper-converged infrastructure solutions.
• There is a steady adoption of diesel generators among data center operators in Thailand. NTT’s Bangkok 1 and Bangkok 2 data center facilities are equipped with N+1 and 2N redundant diesel generators. ST Telemedia Global Data Centres and Frasers Property Thailand Bangkok data center facility is equipped with N+2 redundancy generators.
• Majority data center operators in Thailand adopt water-based cooling techniques. ST Telemedia Global Data Centres & Frasers Property Thailand’s Bangkok Data Center facility equip N+1 redundant chilled water plants, with cooling towers and 2N power supply of the CRAH corridors with N+25% redundancy.
Market Segmentation by IT Infrastructure
• Storage Systems
• Network Infrastructure
Market Segmentation by Electrical Infrastructure
• UPS Systems
• Transfer, Switches & Switchgears
• Rack PDUs
• Other Electrical Infrastructure
Market Segmentation by Mechanical Infrastructure
• Cooling Systems
• Rack Cabinets
• Other Mechanical Infrastructure
Market Segmentation by General Construction
• Building Development
• Installation & Commissioning Services
• Building Design
• Physical Security
• Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM)
Market Segmentation by Tier Standard
• Tier I & Tier II
• Tier III
• Tier IV
Thailand Data Center Market – Dynamics
In 2020, the Thailand government approved USD 146 million for the deployment of the cloud region to be used by government agencies. The Government Data Center and Cloud (GDCC) will be used as a central cloud system. In 2019, Tencent and True IDC announced to launch the Thailand’s first Artificial Intelligence (AI) based cloud platform that provides cloud services to both private and public sectors. Thailand’s cloud computing market expects to reach around USD 700 million by 2026, generating around 30,000 cloud computing jobs in the next five years. According to the Asia Cloud Computing Association (ACCA), the Cloud Readiness Index (CRI) Thailand raised its position in 2020 due to the rise in its connectivity and the implementation of the Personal Data Protection Act and risk protection measures.
Key Drivers and Trends fueling Market Growth:
• Internet Users and Social Media to Impact Data Center Investments
• Digital Transformation to boost Data Center Investments
• Big Data Technology Aiding Data Center Growth
• IoT Spending to Flourish Data Center Investments
Thailand Data Center Market – Existing Vs. Upcoming Data Centers
• Existing Facilities in the country (Area and Power Capacity)
• Bangkok (No. of facilities: 22)
• Other Locations (No. of facilities: 9)
• List of Upcoming Facilities in the country (Area and Power Capacity)
Get your sample today! https://www.arizton.com/market-reports/thailand-data-center-market-size
Key Market Participants
IT Infrastructure Providers
• Arista Networks
• Cisco Systems
• Dell Technologies
• Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
Data Center Construction Contractors & Sub-Contractors
• Architects 49 Limited
• Plan Architect
• Meinhardt Group
• PPS Group
• QTC Group
• Finishing Touch Design Studio
Support Infrastructure Providers
• Cyber Power Systems
• Delta Electronics
• Fuji Electric
• HITEC Power Protection
• Mitsubishi Electric
• Piller Power Systems
• Schneider Electric
• Vertiv Group
Data Center Investors
• ST Telemedia Global Data Centres
• Huawei Technologies
• KT Corporation
• Internet Thailand (INET)
• True Internet Data Center (TRUE IDC)
Looking for more information? Click Here