The scrubber market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 5.2% over the period. Factors such as rising concerns on air pollution coupled with increasing awareness about air quality control systems or solutions are expected to increase the demand for scrubbers during the forecast period. However, the shutdown of coal-fired power plants in major countries across the globe along with increasing share of renewables in the power generation mix are expected to restrain the growth of the market studied.
– The cement industry is expected to be the fastest growing end-user industry owing to the rising demand for scrubbers to control emissions from the cement manufacturing plants.
– Until 31st December 2019, for ships operating outside Emission Control Areas, the limit for sulphur content of ships’ fuel oil is 3.50% m/m (mass by mass). The 0.50% m/m limit has been applied from 1 January 2020. This, in turn, is expected to create a significant amount of opportunities for the scrubber system manufacturers and suppliers in the coming years.
– Asia-Pacific has dominated the global scrubber market in 2018, with the majority of the demand coming from China, India, and Japan.
Key Market Trends
Click Here to Download Sample Report >> https://www.sdki.jp/sample-request-84692
Cement Industry to Witness the Fastest Growth
– The cement industry is one of the major polluting industries. The major pollutants emitted include particulate matter, SO2, and NO2. To ensure compliance with environmental standards by the cement plant operators, the governments of the respective countries conduct inspections in the plant facilities.
– Cement plants mostly use wet scrubbers to reduce the plant’s SO2 emissions. The scrubber treats gasses leaving the preheater and alkali bypass systems.
– The Indian government has directed the cement industries to install 24X7 monitoring devices for better monitoring by the center and state agencies. In the United States, the EPA has laid the environmental compliance regulations through National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP), which aims to minimize the emissions of asbestos fibers during various activities, including its handling. The induction of such regulatory standards is expected to boost the demand for scrubbers in the cement industry.
– In 2018, global cement consumption reached 5.19 billion metric tonnes, representing an increase of more than 25% compared to consumption in 2014. Factors such as increasing urbanization and growth in the construction industry across the globe are constantly driving the demand for cement which is resulting in the establishment of more cement plants. This, in turn, is expected to boost the demand for scrubbers, especially the wet scrubbers in the cement industry during the forecast period.
Scrubber Market Envisioned to Generate a CAGR of 5.2% from 2022-2031
Africa Diesel Generator Market is Poised to Grow at a CAGR of 2% during the Forecast Period of 2022-2031
Europe Lab-on-a-Chip and Microarrays (Biochip) Market Size In 2022 : 11.13% CAGR with Top Countries Data, Trends, Key Regions and Growth Forecast to 2031