The poultry packaging market is expected to register a CAGR of 5%, during the forecast period 2022 – 2031. The North American Meat Institute said that meat and poultry play critical roles in building strong bodies and healthy brains and in maintaining the bodies at every stage of life because they are the rich source of protein and contains several minerals such as iron, heme iron, and non-heme iron. Therefore, increasing awareness about nutrition from poultry meat is expected to be one of the major driving factors for the market to expand.
– Moreover, with the increasing demand for ready meals and convenience food with newer concepts like marinated wings, ready-to-cook thighs, and chickens infused with herbs and spices especially in rapidly urbanizing economies such as the United States, and China, are propelling the shrink bags and trays and bowls packaging to grow. This packaging provides the meats to be cooked on a direct flame and put on the table, all in the same container, which is being preferred by the consumers.
– Further, increasing consumer demand for convenience compels the retailers’ to focus for longer shelf life in poultry food packaging. Thus, innovations in packaging are also offering more opportunities for meat manufacturers to differentiate their products from competing brands.
– For instance, ABP Food Group announced its new sustainable packaging for the European Region in October 2019. This packaging includes a recyclable card coupled with a thin film of peel away plastic, and this new packaging is expected to reduce 70% of the amount of plastics used to package its meat products. The company claims that such the new packaging technique would not impact the shelf-life of the meat. Such a sustainable packaging trend is expected to augment the market.
– However, the occurrence of disease epidemics like avian influenza and other infectious diseases coupled with the strict government regulations related to the packaging materials are hindering the market growth.
Get The Sample PDF Report Here:https://www.sdki.us/sample-request-84303
Scope of the Report
The poultry packaging market gives a detailed analysis of packaging materials used for packaging different poultry meat such as duck,chicken, and turkey. The report talks about fixed packaging materials such as trays and bowls, and cardboard whereas in flexibles, pouches, bags, and films are considered. On the basis of geography, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America are included in the report.
Key Market Trends
Barrier Films is Expected to Register a Significant Growth
-While good packaging is critical to the safety and quality of meat, but several other factors are affecting the development of new barrier film products. Many packaging manufacturers are focusing on making their packaging recyclable or reusable.
-For instance, Royal DSM, a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and sustainable living, along with APK, are incorporating sustainable benefits of multilayer meat packaging films. Beyond the primary function of reducing wastage of food waste, the products are now also recyclable using APK’s new recycling route.
– Moreover, according to North America is a significant exporter and consumer of poultry meats. The market is strengthened by the growing availability of meat across the country’s widespread and robust retail chains. With the demand for a more considerable stable-shelf time, the demand for retort trays and cartons are on the rise, which is anticipated to increase the demand for barrier films.
– With the demand for poultry meat only increasing in the near future, the market for barrier film packaging for meats is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period.
North America is Expected to Occupy Significant Market Share
– According to the Food and Agriculture Organization, in North America, capita consumption of meat is expected to reach 97.15 Kilos in 2028 from 95.32 kilos in 2018. As the region is also a significant exporter of meat, the market is strengthened by the growing availability of meat and pork products across the country’s widespread and robust retail chains. With the demand for a more considerable stable-shelf time, the demand for retort trays and cartons are on the rise, which is anticipated to increase the demand for barrier films.
-Many of the players of packaging market in North America are playing an essential role while increasing the requirement for the consumer-friendly packaging that provides transparency in the product packaging that helps the customer to quickly examine the product which further increases the demand of the product and helped for leading the fastest market growth while attaining the large amount of share throughout the forecasted period more significantly.
-Moreover, the growing demand for packaged food in the food industry is likely to exercise the growth of the market, owing to the rising shelf life of food products. However, the demand for biodegradable and soluble films is predicted to convey more opportunities to this market.
-For instance, Tosca launched a reusable plastic container (RPC) designed specifically for poultry in July 2019. As poultry is heavy and ships with an ice crust are challenging because of the corrugated box that breaks down when exposed to moisture or water. Thus, the RPC is expected to withstand weight and water and reducing damage, as well as eliminating packaging waste. Such advancement in the packaging industry are expected to have a positive outlook on the market.
Download The Sample PDF Report Here:https://www.sdki.us/sample-request-84303
The poultry packaging market is competitive in nature, owing to the presence of many global players in the market. Few global payers are… However, with the increasing population and increasing awareness about the nutrition value associated with the poultry meats are increasing the demand for the hygiene packaging. Moreover, the presence of local players in the market, are increasing the competitiveness among the players. Product launch, high cost on research and development are the prime growth strategies adopted by the players to sustain the intense competition. Few recent developments are:
– October 2019 – LDC Group announced that they have bought the poultry production facility from the Casino Group. This acquisition would provide the opportunity for the Casino Group and LDC to combine their resources and thereby strengthen the high-quality French poultry chain.
– March 2019 – Moy Park launched a new packaging strategy to reduce the use of the plastics and by 2020, they aim to eliminate the single-use plastics from their offices and restaurants. The company is planning to reduce its single-use plastic by collaborating with its supply chain partners to develop more sustainable packaging solutions.
-Related Trending Reports: