Non-destructive Testing (NDT) market was valued at USD 16.72 billion in 2022 and is expected to reach a value of USD 24.65 billion by 2031, at a CAGR of 6.7% during the forecast period. According to the British Institute of Non-Destructive Testing, every day, more than 25,000 inspections are carried out in factories and on-site in the UK to detect defects and damage in a huge range of products, plant, and structures; it is estimated that there are more than 120,000 inspectors operating worldwide.
– With the increase in automation in the industrial manufacturing and infrastructure sectors, there has been a substantial hike in the demand for flaw detection related to cracks, porosity, manufacturing disorders, and so on. Therefore, adherence to industrial safety norms is a significant factor behind the growth of the NDT market.
– Moreover, several governmental agencies and regional bodies, like the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) and the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), have been instituted across the world to take stringent measures for assuring the safety of instruments and overseeing of engineering services testing. This is important for gaining clearances and certificates from concerned authorities. This creates a positive impact on the NDT market globally.
– However, due to the lack of skilled professionals and high equipment cost coupled with high maintenance cost is restraining the market during the forecast period
Get the inside scoop with Sample report- https://www.sdki.us/sample-request-80336
Scope of the Report
Nondestructive testing (NDT) is the process of inspecting, testing, or evaluating materials, components or assemblies for discontinuities, or differences in characteristics without destroying the serviceability of the part or system. Aerospace, defense, oil and gas, power generation and automotive are leading sectors that use NDT techniques to ensure the quality of products. These sectors use the NDT test to determine the physical properties of materials such as impact resistance, ductility, yield, ultimate tensile strength, fracture toughness, and fatigue strength. Visual testing is the most widely used method of non-destructive testing (NDT) among others.
Key Market Trends
Power and Energy Sector Offers Potential Growth
– Nuclear power is playing an essential role in generating electricity in many countries of the world. In a number of countries, generating electricity at nuclear power plants makes more than 50 percent (Lithuania – 81,5%, France – 78,2 %, Belgium – 60,1%).
– Ensuring a reliable and safe operation of nuclear power plants is the central problem of nuclear power engineering. In particular, it depends on the quality of nuclear fuel and process equipment for fuel manufacture. Solving this problem is directly connected to the application of non-destructive testing and diagnostics.
– Nondestructive methods are very widespread in many applications such as fuel inspection. In this field, many techniques are used, like ultrasonics, eddy current, radiographic testing, and acoustic techniques. According to the IAEA studies, the fuel failure rate in the world is around 10-5, which means 1-3 failed fuel rods from 100 000 fuel rods in operation. With the implementation of NDT, the failure rate is decreasing.
– Moreover, in the next four years, more than 67 nuclear reactors in the world are estimated to reach an age of over 40 years of the operational period. As nuclear power plants age, the importance of maintenance increases and there is a need to apply inspection technologies. This creates huge market opportunities for NDT market.
Asia- Pacific to Witness Fastest Growth
– According to the World Nuclear Association, China and India have planned 43 and 14 nuclear reactors respectively by May 2019. Thus, the need for maintenance of those power plants will also increase which in return will create a market for nondestructive testing.
– Further, the APAC region offers opportunities for the non-destructive testing market owing to the increase in infrastructure spending by the governments. For instance, the largest infrastructure effort in the region is China’s “Belt and Road Initiative,” aiming to boost productivity and efficiency gains by improving trade links between Asia and Europe. Such infrastructure initiatives create a market for NDT because NDT helps in detecting corrosion, cracking and other damage which can affect load carrying capacity.
Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Market Size Analysis, Evolving Opportunities Studied For The Period 2022-2031
Hazardous Location Connectors Market Size Analysis, Size, Share, Growth and Opportunity Assessment 2022-2031
Wireless Sensors Market Size: Investigation and Growth Forecasted until the End 2022-2031
Electrical Enclosures Market Size: Industry Analysis and Opportunity Assessment 2022-2031
Radiation Detection, Monitoring, and Safety Market Size: Industry Analysis and Opportunity Assessment 2022-2031