The Indonesian flexible packaging market is expected to register a CAGR of 4.6% during the forecast period (2022 – 2031). The economic growth in Indonesia has resulted in the production and consumption of flexible packaging products that have increased steadily over the years. The flexible packaging market is witnessing growth and contributing significantly to the economy due to the increasing demand for suitable packaging materials that can be used to pack anything.
Get More Information Here: Indonesia Flexible Packaging Market
– The demand for flexible packaging products is generally driven by millennial customers in the region, as they have an ardent preference of single-serving and on-the-go style food and beverage foodstuffs. As these products are generally designed to be durable, portable, and lightweight, flexible packaging stands to be a famous option to pack such products. Firmest growing areas of snack foods, both in terms of processed foods and fresh items, are anticipated to govern the demand for flexible packaging from the food and beverage industry of the region.
– Also, the advanced packaging styles, such as collapsible/reusable pouches and bag-in-box, are raising the usage of flexible packaging in combination with rigid packaging formats. Products, such as pouches, liners, bags, and shrink wraps, are opening an extensive range of new applications to the flexible packaging market in the country.
– The COVID-19 outbreak and the resulting economic downturn have a limited impact on flexible packaging sales volume. This is because around 60% of sales of polyester film (PET film) and other flexible packaging materials are going to food packaging businesses, which should help lower the impact from coronavirus-related demand disruption on PET film sales to industrial sectors.
– Also, in Indonesia, the government has rolled out a fiscal stimulus worth trillions of rupiah and widened its state budget deficit beyond the 3% legal limit to afford a fight against the COVID-19 outbreak. This is expected to help sustain the existing flexible packaging market players in the country. However, new entrants may find unprecedented challenges to breakeven.
Request A Free Sample to Learn More About This Report@ https://www.sdki.us/sample-request-90323
Key Market Trends
Bi-orientated Polypropylene (BOPP) to Drive the Market Growth
– Biaxially oriented polypropylene (BOPP) is one of the few plastics used for packaging purposes in Indonesia, mostly in the food and beverage industry. Flexibility, portability, weight, ease of cleaning, and protection against moisture are a few of the major properties of BOPP films, which makes it appropriate for packaging purposes.
– Also, low toxicity, low handling hazards, and absence of bisphenol A (BPA) and heavy metals are some of the other factors that allow BOPP to be used for the food packaging. Increasing household and commercial applications for plastic bags, seal, and graphic labels, among others, are expected to drive the consumption demand for BOPP in the packaging sector during the forecast period.
– Also, there are other specialty BOPP films in the current marketplace, including anti-scratch films, that provide improved resistance than conventional and regular films to scratches and scuffs. Certain bacteria-resistant films also help eliminate bacteria that come into contact with the film surface. The antibacterial properties make it uniquely suitable for applications in the medical field, personal care product packaging, food service, and childcare.
– The disposition of Indonesian BOPP resin appears to be diverse. Home market sales increased as a share of total shipments during the historic period, while exports to the United States decreased as a share of total Indonesian shipments. Moreover, it is used in the packaging and wrapping of short shelf-life products, such as ice cream, chocolate bars, candies, cookies, and biscuits.
– BOPP films are further being used in the tobacco industry. The good heat seal strength and good hot slip, provided by BOPP based cigarette overwraps are the major reasons for their application in tobacco packaging. Also, cigarette sales in Indonesia alone amounted to USD 24,122 million in 2022, which is further expected to drive the demand for BOPP films in the country.
Download PDF Sample Report For More Information@ https://www.sdki.us/sample-request-90323
Food and Beverage Industry to Witness Highest Growth
– The food and beverage industry is driving the market for flexible packaging in Indonesia. The packaged food and beverage sale in Indonesia is anticipated to grow to USD 56 billion in 2022, from USD 33 billion in 2015. This is further expected to boost the market in the foreseen period.
– Even foods with high liquid content, such as juices, soups, are being transitioned from rigid packaging containers to flexible pouches, and the fastest advances toward flexible packaging, through 2021, are anticipated from the beverages in Indonesia.
– The non-alcoholic beverages industry is expected to emerge as a major growth driver for the flexible packaging industry. This growth may be attributed to the hectic lifestyles of consumers that are driving the growth of small-sized, easy to store/open/close packs, and on-the-go packaging in the country.
– Beverage producers are increasingly looking to differentiate their products from that of their competitors. This factor and the emergence of modern retail, which highly favors the BOPP packaging, due to ease of handling and low cost, have resulted in the steady growth of the flexible plastic packaging in the country’s beverage packaging industry.
The Indonesian flexible packaging market appears to be moderately concentrated. The players in the market are adopting major strategies, like product innovation, mergers and acquisitions, and strategic partnerships, to widen their product portfolio and expand their geographical reach. Some of the key developments in the market are:
– In February 2022 – Prima Jaya Eratama acquired a new flexographic press, a Comexi F4, and the newly launched laminator, the Comexi ML1 MC, installed at their facilities, located in Tangerang. The relation between both companies dates back to April 2012, when the Indonesian converter purchased its first Comexi machine, a slitter.
– In September 2022 – Amcor, in partnership with Materials Recovery for the Future (MRFF) research program, launched single-stream curbside recycling of flexible plastic packaging (FPP) in Pennsylvania, the United States. As films, wraps, bags, and pouches become a larger part of the packaging waste stream, the need for scalable recycling collection strategies is critical to its sustainability. This initiative aligns with the aim of the company to deliver the recyclable packing materials by 2031.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
About SDKI :
The dynamic nature of business environment in the current global economy is raising the need amongst business professionals to update themselves with current situations in the market. To cater such needs, Shibuya Data Count ( SDKI ) provides market research reports to various business professionals across different industry verticals, such as healthcare & pharmaceutical, IT & telecom, chemicals and advanced materials, consumer goods & food, energy & power, manufacturing & construction, industrial automation & equipment and agriculture & allied activities amongst others.
For more information, please contact:
Shibuya Data Count
Tel: + 81 3 45720790
More Market Reports: