The France nuclear power reactor decommissioning market is expected to rise at a CAGR of more than 4% . Factors such as nuclear power reactors reaching operational retirement are likely to drive the France nuclear power reactor decommissioning market. However, the high cost of decommissioning nuclear plants is expected to restrain the France nuclear power reactor decommissioning market.
– Due to being uneconomical compared to other energy sources, the commercial power reactor is expected to be the largest segment and is likely to dominate the France nuclear power reactor decommissioning market.
– The government’s broader energy strategy to reduce French dependence on nuclear energy from supplying 75% of its electricity to about 50% by 2035, is likely to create several opportunities for the France nuclear power reactor decommissioning market in the future.
– Increasing renewable energy installation, which is cheaper and cleaner, is expected to drive the France nuclear power reactor decommissioning market during the forecast period.
Click Here to Download Sample Report >> https://www.sdki.us/sample-request-87942
Key Market Trends
Commercial Power Reactor Expected to Dominate the Market
– The commercial power reactors are the nuclear reactors that are mainly used for generating electricity. Most of these reactors are being installed in nuclear power plants. Moreover, increasing renewable energy from solar and wind is much cheaper and cleaner.
– Despite being one of the world’s most nuclear energy-dependent nation, France is now taking its first steps to shift to more renewable energy sources. Fourteen experimental and power reactors are being decommissioned in France. There are well-developed plans for dismantling these, and work is progressing. However, completion awaits the availability of sites for disposing of the high radiating nuclear wastes and the alpha-contaminated graphite from the early gas-cooled reactors.
– In 2019, nuclear power reactors in France generated around 399.4 TWh of electricity, representing approximately 75% of the total energy generation in the country. The country in the past has been very active in developing nuclear technology, particularly reactors and fuel products. As of 2019, almost 17% of France’s electricity came from recycled nuclear fuel.
– In February 2020, the country has begun a gradual shutdown of its aging Fessenheim plant. The removal of the fuel is expected to be completed by the summer of 2023, and the complete decommissioning is expected to be completed by 2040 at the earliest.
– Hence, owing to the above points, the commercial power rector segment is likely to dominate the France nuclear power reactor decommissioning market during the forecast period.
Increasing Renewable Energy Expected to Drive the Market
– France, for a long time, has a low-carbon electricity mix owing to its massive nuclear fleet, and many reactors are reaching the end of their lifetime. The country has started an ambitious energy transition to renewable under the Energy and Climate Change Law 2019 by designing a national low-carbon strategy, carbon budgets, a carbon price trajectory, and a planning framework for energy investment. The law, along with the old nuclear reactors, is likely to drive the country’s solar and wind energy.
France Nuclear Power Reactor Decommissioning Market Size: By Size, Supplier, Demand Analysis, Type, Statistics, Regions and Industry Key Manufacture 2022-2031
Gasoline as a Fuel Market Size– Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2022-2031
Asia-Pacific Rooftop Solar Market Size| Strategic Assessment By Top Players, Current Trends, Segmentation, Key Players and Analysis 2022-2031
Japan Nuclear Power Reactor Decommissioning Market Size According to latest research on focusing on Leading Manufacturers 2022-2031
Asia-Pacific Nuclear Power Reactor Decommissioning Market Size: Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2022-2031