The Corrugated & Paperboard Boxes market was valued at USD 252.16 billion in 2022 and is expected to reach USD 336.61 billion by 2031, at a CAGR of 4.7% over the forecast period 2022 – 2031. The corrugated and paperboard box market is developed, but there are opportunities for gains, especially in the rise of box features to account for more direct-to-consumer applications and in maintaining sustainability. Corrugated and paperboard boxes are utilized in the packaging and transportation of a broad variety of products and have become immensely significant in recent years due to the accelerated growth of the e-commerce industry, which is anticipated to remain a principal driving factor for the global corrugated and paperboard boxes market, as it requires corrugated and paperboard boxes for carrying and storing the broad variety of products it handles. Also, corrugated packaging covers 88% of recycled content with the added fresh fibers originating from sustainably managed forests, it is safe rather than catastrophic. Notable e-commerce businesses such as Amazon are pushing towards corrugated board packaging for e-commerce packaging as it aids in controlling costs apart from giving an environment-friendly option.
– While the food and beverage industry ranks as one of the biggest established end-use application sectors for corrugated and paperboard boxes, future growth is anticipated to come from other developing fields such as electronic products and accessory packaging. Asia-Pacific serves the most comprehensive and the fastest-growing market globally, led by factors such as rising economies, increasing disposable incomes and enhanced consumption of manufactured goods. Although the number of corrugator plants has declined by nearly 200 since 1992, the total production levels have increased by over 500 million square feet in whole yearly production at a similar time (Fibre Box Association).
– Asia leads the world in total corrugated production and shipments, with more than 130 billion square meters produced in 2018, or 53.7% of the market. Europe is the second-leading producer, with nearly 6 billion square meters (21.7% of the market) produced and shipped (International Corrugated Case Association). With online sales increasing, production levels increase, and several new plants starting operations between 2018-2024, the corrugated box industry looks poised for accelerated growth. The growing consumption in emerging nations due to the banning of usage of plastic packaging, give strong growth outlooks for the corrugated and paperboard box market, which is anticipated to drive the demand for Corrugated & Paperboard Boxes.
Download The Sample PDF Report Here: https://www.sdki.us/sample-request-84300
Scope of the Report
Corrugated and paperboard boxes are crimped layers of cardboard, also recognized as fluting and are jammed between two thin outer layers. Corrugated boxes are obtainable in numerous shapes and sizes, and are widely utilized in the packaging of diverse commodities such as dangerous chemicals, foods, beverages, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and other substances. These boxes are the preferred means of packaging as they possess great strength, long durability, appealing artistic value, light-weightiness, recyclability, and cost-effectiveness.
Key Market Trends
Food and Beverage Expected to Hold Significant Market Share
– Amongst end-user applications, foods & beverages are the principal end-user segment of the corrugated & paperboard boxes market and are anticipated to advance at a fast speed in the forecast period. The food and beverage industry majorly utilizes coated unbleached boards for packaging of beverages, and corrugated container boards for packaging of vegetables, fruits, and food products. The accelerated demand for frozen foods is possible to push the demand for folding carton packaging.
– Alterations in lifestyle and a budding young population lead to a greater demand for branded and packaged substances. According to the Flexible Packaging Association, the beverage sector in the United States valued for nearly 50% of the packaging market. Currently, over 30% of the Americans order meals twice a week, and this is anticipated to grow at 3% in the coming years.
– Furthermore, on-the-go consumption, in countries like China, Japan, India, is further feeding the demand. In countries, such as India and China, the food and beverage need is always on a larger side, which is consequently driving the paperboard packaging market. Such assertive growth in the food and beverage industry is supposed to boost the need for paperboard packaging throughout the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Expected To Have Significant Growth
– Asia-Pacific is supposed to have significant growth. The growing number of manufacturing plants all over the region, combined with the increasing consumerism and transit packaging sector in the APAC region, is adding to the growth of the Corrugated & Paperboard Boxes Market. Due to the growing demand for paper pulp in developing countries such as China and India, the region is anticipated to be the fastest-growing region. There is an addition to the transit packaging sector in China, combined with increasing consumerism, which is leading to a quickly expanding demand for paper packaging.
– Corrugated & Paperboard Boxes Market demand in the region has been expanding at a rate of 6.5% since 2008, far greater than anywhere else in the world. Along with this requirement for paper packaging, the need for recycled paper is also growing. There is an escalating rate of exports in the developing logistics sector as the corrugated boxes are supposed to dominate the market in this region. Due to sound growth in sectors, like (FMCG) and cosmetics, the fast-growing middle-class population is anticipated to boost the demand for Corrugated & Paperboard Boxes Market in the region.
Get The Sample PDF Report Here: https://www.sdki.us/sample-request-84300
The market for Corrugated & Paperboard Boxes is fragmented and consists of several major players. In terms of market share, few of these major players currently dominate the market. The level of engagement among the vendors will strengthen in the following years to come due to limited product differentiation and underpricing strategy of the regional and local players. Various inorganic growth strategies are witnessed in the market by several players include acquisitions and partnerships & collaborations. These exercises have paved means for the augmentation of business and customer base of market players.
– October 2019 – Graphic Packaging International (GPI) has developed KeelClip, a paperboard packaging solution for cans that offers sustainability advantages and merchandising benefits as compared to other packaging options. KeelClip, the company’s latest innovation in paperboard packaging solutions, performs well in high-speed environments.
– October 2019 – Smurfit Kappa has joined with companies HVC and Bluemats to unveil an ambitious plan for the first full beverage carton recycling plant in the Netherlands. Smurfit Kappa would bring long-term expertise in paper-recycling installations to the project which has been awarded a European LIFE grant. HVC brings sustainable waste collection experience to the project while Bluemats will handle and separate the plastics and aluminum.
-Related Trending Reports: