The Canada Glass Bottles and Containers Market is expected to register a CAGR of 4.91% over the forecast period from 2022 to 2031. Glass packaging is entirely recyclable, which makes it a desirable packaging option from the environmental point of view. SIx tons of recycled glass directly save six tons of resources and reduce the emission of carbon dioxide by one ton. One of the main factors driving the growth of the market is the increase in beer consumption in the country. According to Beer Canada, the total beer sales accounted for 21.41 million hectoliters in 2019. Beer is one of the significant alcoholic beverages that use glass bottles for packaging. Beer is generally packed in dark-colored glass bottles to preserve the contents, which are prone to spoilage when exposed to UV light.
Get More Information Here: Canada Glass Bottles and Containers Market
– Moreover, Canada has been one of the significant exporters of glass and ranks 27 worldwide. In 2019, the country exported over USD 608.3 million of glass and glassware mainly to the United Kingdom, the United States, and India. Such a high manufacturing facility in the country gives the industry a competitive edge and growth opportunities for expansion. Health Canada’s packaging requirements are insufficient to address environmental impacts, so federally licensed producers are stepping up with recycling programs. Most of the dispensaries are opting to store and display the bulk of dried cannabis in large glass jars.
Download PDF Sample Report For More Information@ https://www.sdki.us/sample-request-90478
– The food and consumer products industry is one of the prominent sectors, which contributes to over USD 29 billion to the country’s GDP annually. It is significantly growing, which is estimated to drive the demand for the glass and containers packaging market. Recently, Oromocto, a Canadian town, launched a glass recycling pilot project, a four-month pilot project for disposing of glass food jars to prevent the recyclable material from ending up in landfills. According to the Department of Environment and Local Government, the pilot project is the first to collect non-beverage glass containers for recycling. Moreover, Stanpac Inc., a packaging manufacturing company in Canada, offers a glass bottle screening equipment to decorate virtually any glass container.
– Due to its many benefits, glass packaging significantly rising for both cosmetics and fragrance. Moreover, emerging economies are anticipated to create a favorable demand for cosmetics and perfume products and their packaging. Canada is one of the fastest-growing markets for cosmetic consumption and production. The value of the cosmetics market in Canada is expected to reach USD 15.8 billion by 2021, which is an increase of USD 3 billion in the past five years. Luxury and premium cosmetics, perfumes, glass bottles, and container packaging are preferred as providers premiums feel. Still, also, there are added benefits that add to the appeal.
– Glass bottles remain one of the most popular packaging types owing to heritage, returnability, and premiumization. Increased urbanization and a higher level of disposable income have propelled the growth of the market studied in the country. According to a survey called World Development Indicators conducted by Wold Bank, the degree of urbanization accounted for 81.41% in Canada in 2018. The aesthetic appeal of glass containers has ensured their usage in packing luxury products, portraying a sense of timeless prestige with which people want to be associated. Growing awareness of the health and environmental benefits of glass has made consumers inclined toward glass bottles and containers.
Key Market Trends
Beverage is Expected to Hold Major Share
– Glass bottles and containers are significantly used in the alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage industry, due to its various properties to maintain chemical inertness, sterility, and non-permeability. Alcoholic drinks, like beer, accounted for the largest segment of the market, as glass does not react with the chemicals present in drinks and, therefore, preserves the aroma, strength, and flavor of these beverages, making it a favorable option for packaging. Due to this reason, a majority of the beer volume is transported in glass bottles, and this trend is expected to continue over the study period in the country.
– According to UN Comtrade, the trade value of non-alcoholic beverages imported to Canada accounted for USD 842.2 million in 2019. According to StatCan, the total volume of liquor sold reached 3.1 million liters in 2018. The wine sales have witnessed a significant growth of 4.6% and accounted for 32.4% of alcoholic beverage sales. The spirit sales grew by 4.4% and accounted for 23.7% of total alcohol sales. The glass packaging has a significant share in the overall alcoholic beverage market. With the ongoing increase in demand for alcoholic beverages, the market for glass bottles is expected to increase in the forecast period.
– In January 2022, the Quebec government has announced a new, more extensive consignment program that will include all glass, plastic, and metal drink containers between 100ml and 2L. All beverage bottles and containers, including glass bottles for wine and alcohol, will be turned in under the latest deposit system. The government says the goal is to reduce the amount of material that ends up in landfills by recovering and sorting them sooner. Wine and spirit bottles and water bottles and cans that were not part of the previous deposit program, which includes sparkling water, vegetable juices, and green teas, will be included in the new program.
Access Free Sample Report Here@ https://www.sdki.us/sample-request-90478
– With recycling programs suspended around the country due to COVID-19 fears, one of Canada’s largest beer brewers says it is struggling to find enough bottles to keep up with production. In mid-March, Ontario’s beer retailing behemoth, The Beer Store, announced it would stop accepting empties from March 19 to March 31 to protect employees from being exposed to the coronavirus. The suspension expired, but the chain of 450 stores didn’t respond to questions about whether it would resume collecting used bottles and cans, though it said on its website that new information on its recycling program was pending.
Pharmaceutical is Expected to Witness Significant Growth
– The rapidly growing pharmaceutical industry across Canada is boosting the growth of the market. The demand for pharmaceutical glass and containers are majorly arising, and there is an increasing pharmaceutical production in the country, which is further increasing the need for the glass packaging for pharmaceuticals in the country. Additionally, as the United States is facing costly pharmaceutical imports from other countries than Canada, the US government authorized a pilot project for wholesalers and pharmacists to import versions of FDA-approved medicines from Canada.
– The introduction of stringent laws to enhance the quality and integrity of domestically manufactured drugs in the country leads to an increase in the use of glass for pharmaceutical packaging products. Additionally, the increasing demand for sterile medical packaging products from the pharmaceutical industries would further drive the growth of the market over the forecast period. According to StatCan, the industry revenue of pharmaceutical and medicine manufacturing accounted for 9.48 billion USD in 2019.
– Health Canada’s packaging requirements are not sufficient enough to address environmental impacts, so federally licensed producers are stepping up with recycling programs. Most of the dispensaries are opting to store and display bulk amounts of dried cannabis in large glass jars. Moreover, the increasing demand for injectable pharmaceuticals in Canada is significantly driving the growth of glass bottles. The robust market for oncology and other high-potency drugs (such as antibody conjugates, steroids, and IV fluids that require quick onset of action), is expected to be the key growth driver.
– In May 2022, Laurent Pharmaceuticals Inc., a Canada-based biopharmaceutical company, made a statement that it was approved from Health Canada to initiate RESOLUTION, a Phase 2 randomized placebo-controlled trial testing once-a-day oral LAU-7b as one of the potential drug candidate to help fight the coronavirus disease. The trial, which is expected to start imminently in numerous hospitals in Canada, will enroll almost 200 hospitalized COVID-19 patients for a treatment duration that lasts for 14 days. The final vaccine might be packaged in ready-to-use glass syringes. A handful of manufacturers are based in Canada, but many still have to import the glass tubing for vials.
The Canada Glass Bottles and Containers Market is quite consolidated as few companies such as Ampak Inc., Owens-Illinois Inc., Vitro Canada, etc. occupy significant market share in the country. The companies are increasing their market share by forming various partnerships and as well as launching new glass battles and containers across specific end-user verticals.
– April 2022 – O-I, Inc., a part of the food and beverage supply chain, deemed essential by many governments worldwide during the COVID-19 pandemic. in a development driven by covid-19, breweries and distilleries who have pivoted to produce hand sanitizer are leaning on O-I glass packaging for the critical supply. Breweries and distilleries are pivoting from alcoholic beverages to hand sanitizer during the COVID-19 health crisis, and leaning on glass containers made by O-I plants to package the sanitizer.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
About SDKI :
The dynamic nature of business environment in the current global economy is raising the need amongst business professionals to update themselves with current situations in the market. To cater such needs, Shibuya Data Count ( SDKI ) provides market research reports to various business professionals across different industry verticals, such as healthcare & pharmaceutical, IT & telecom, chemicals and advanced materials, consumer goods & food, energy & power, manufacturing & construction, industrial automation & equipment and agriculture & allied activities amongst others.
For more information, please contact:
Shibuya Data Count
Tel: + 81 3 45720790
More Market Reports: