The beer cans market is expected to register a CAGR of 3% during the forecast period 2022 – 2031. BPA-free coatings in the metal can packaging format are ultimately increasing the demand for BPA-free metal cans and the product is gaining prominence which may raise a high supply for the production of beer cans in the future.
– With the increasing consumption of craft beer across various regions, the beer cans market is witnessing a positive growth. Consumers are increasingly preferring craft beer brewed by both small and big breweries. Also consumers are becoming increasingly clear on the fact that they want products that fit their lifestyle. According to Brewers Associaton, in the United States, the production of Craft Beers in 2018 was 25.9 million barrels compared to 2017 having 25.1 million barrels. With increasing production of craft beers, the supply of cans especially aluminium cans will increase effectively.
– Recreational and environmental benefits drives the beer can market. Cans are permitted in many places where bottles are typically not allowed, such as beaches, pools, parks, campgrounds, ballparks, golf courses, boats, etc. Moreover cans are 100-percent recyclable, and they can be recycled indefinitely. Also cans are much lighter than bottles, requiring less fuel to ship them whether empty or filled.
An empty 12-ounce bottle weighs about 7 ounces, whereas an empty can weighs only about a half ounce. Beer cans of today are 30-percent lighter than they were 25 years ago.
– The preference of consumer for wine might act as a challenge to market due to the increasing affordability of wine and liquor products and this shift is expected to continue, making more consumers shift towards these commodities.
Download The Sample PDF Report Here:https://www.sdki.us/sample-request-84244
Scope of the Report
Beer packaging is a major process in the production, transport, and sale of the beverage. The advancement in the packaging material, filling techniques, and monitoring equipment has made canning a great option for packaging high-quality beers, and mostly they are made by opaque aluminium keeping the liquid inside 100% safe of light with hermetically sealed, preventing oxygen from damaging the beer.
Key Market Trends
Aluminium is Expected To Hold the Largest Market Share
– With increasing production of craft beer, the demand for canned aluminium beer is increasing and according to Beverage Trends in Packaging and Processing Operations, the number of microbreweries in the United States. has grown to approximately 6,000, and more of those breweries are moving to aluminum because it’s cheaper, has better shielding properties for beer, and has a smaller environmental footprint.
– Oskar Blues in Colorado (United States) started the can revolution in craft beer, and now others are recognizing its advantages. According to the Brewers Association, in United States, in 2017, Colorado had the highest percentage of craft beer in cans. And local companies, such as Wild Goose Canning and Can Source, are becoming leading providers in the market which are increasing the aluminium can market.
– Presently, 12-ounce is still the predominant size on the market, but the 16-ounce has shown some tremendous growth throughout the last few years in aluminium can segment.
– Moreover, promotional ends are becoming more and more popular as well. Different end and tab options provide additional pop at the point of purchase for craft brewers. Identity ends, colored tabs, laser-etched tabs & full-aperture ends can all be designed on aluminium cans to complement various marketing activities.
– There are different kinds of printing and labeling. Traditionally, lithography printing was the only choice for true printing on cans, but it takes long lead times. But there have been some advances in digital printing technology now, making it possible to produce highly-decorated aluminum cans in economic order quantities. Ball Corporation seems to be the big player in that market.
– Alcon launches BRAUS craft beer in cans and has partnered with Ball Corporation. Beer in cans grew 7% in Russia (2017-2018) and following the popularity of convenient and stylish aluminum cans in the Russian market, BRAUS adds to 35% of new beer and cider launches in cans year to date.
– Craft beer firms likes the ability to put bold graphics on cans and they also save on transport costs since trucks can carry about twice as many lightweight cans than glass bottles. Aluminum cans have a higher global recycling rate at 69%, according to Resource Recycling Systems, while aluminum cans in the United States contain 68% recycled content compared to 3% for plastic bottles, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). This will enhance high rate of usage of aluminium can for craft beers.
Asia-Pacific Account for Significant Market Growth
– The Asia-Pacific beer cans market is primarily driven by changing cultural trends, the expanding population, growing urbanization, and the rising popularity of beer among the younger population.
– In this region, consumers are increasingly shifting toward gluten-free beers, which are made of millet, barley malt, corn, potato, rice, soybean, and sorghum. Also beer consumption is growing at over 6 percent per annum in China, India and Vietnam. Hence, the growing innovation in flavors and preparations is likely to drive the demand of beer which will increase the growth of beer cans.
Get The Sample PDF Report Here:https://www.sdki.us/sample-request-84244
– Heineken, an Amsterdam-based company, increased its stake in Bangalore-based United Breweries, which is India’s largest beer manufacturer, thereby offering high growth potential for beer packaging industry in the country, which will raise the usage of beer cans.
– Japanese companies are striding up their business in Southeast Asia to cash in on the region’s growth. This time they are pouring investment into food and beverage containers. Japan’s Showa Denko will invest about USD 64 million to boost its aluminum beverage can and can lid production capacity in Vietnam.
The beer cans market is mainly fragmented owing to the presence of various international and domestic manufacturers. The market appears to be fragmented with the vendors competing in terms of price, capacity, volume, product quality, and technological innovation in the market. Key players are Crown Holdings, Inc., Ball Corporation, etc. Recent developments in the market are –
– June 2019 – Corona beer launches interlocking cans to replace six-pack rings. The design and campaign for this new “Fit Packs” is a collaboration between the maker of Corona and the United States advertising company Leo Burnett. Also because of the portable nature of the interlocking cans, it won’t be necessary to use plastic bags to carry them.
– Sep 2018 – Carlsberg announced its new Snap Pack, which is set to reduce plastic waste globally by more than 1200 tonnes a year, which is equivalent to 60 million plastic bags. The Snap Pack replaces the plastic wrapping and is used around Carlsberg’s six packs with a pioneering technology that glues its cans together.