The Australia Paper and Paperboard Packaging Market is expected to register a CAGR of 4.23% over the forecast period from 2022 to 2031. Currently, consumers in the country prefer recyclability and biodegradable as essential parameters of packaging over reusability. This underlines the growing concerns of consumers about the environmental impact of packaging wastes in the future. With advanced technologies like digitally printed paperboard attracting high investments, the product distributors are increasingly adopting the following technology due to the solution offering interactive and colorful designs for the consumers to notice.
Get More Information Here: Australia Paper and Paperboard Packaging Market
– Furthermore, cartons are branded and protect products and provided consumers additional value after purchase are being invested in due to the increasing demand for reusability among consumers. In November 2022, Swiss packaging manufacturer SIG Combibloc signed an AUD 70 million deal to buy Visy Cartons in another move that signals its goal to expand in the Australian region. The seller is VisyPak Operations, which operates as a subsidiary of Pratt Consolidated Holdings, an Australian company operating in the packaging, paper and recycling industries.
– In May 2022, Screen GP Australia has announced the global parent company’s plans to target the package printing field as a strategic business area and progressively strengthen its product line-up and solution development for this market. In identifying packaging print as a significant growth area of the graphic arts, Screen has conducted extensive R&D to bring sustainable, digital, variable and versatile on-demand production targeting folding cartons, corrugated and flexible packaging along with labels.
Download PDF Sample Report For More Information@ https://www.sdki.us/sample-request-90477
– In October 2022, Norske Skog announced the closure of the Boyer Mill’s sister mill at Albury following the ongoing drop in demand for newsprint from Australia’s newspapers. The closure of the company would return Boyer to its status as the only producer of newsprint in Australia. However, some newspapers receive their paper supply from Norske Skog’s Tasman mill in New Zealand. Norske Skog announced the sale of the Albury mill to paper, packaging, and recycling group Visy for AUD 85 million. Instances such is that this shows the decreased demand for paper as a communication medium in the country.
– In May 2022, News Corp Australia has confirmed that more than 100 local and regional newspapers will become digital-only or disappear entirely. A total of 112 of Rupert Murdoch’s print newspapers will shut down the presses, including 36, which will close altogether and 76, which will remain as the online masthead. Despite the readership of News Corp’s digital mastheads growth of more than 60% as Australians turned to trusted media sources with the peak of the recent COVID-19 lockdowns, print advertising spending contributes to the majority of the company’s revenues, has accelerated its decline.
Key Market Trends
Corrugated Boxes are Expected to Hold Significant Share
– Corrugated packaging has emerged as a critical driver of this market due to its evolution as a point-of-sale display in retail applications, coupled with continuous development in small flute and high-quality graphics board, which is enabling corrugated boxes to penetrate traditional folding carton applications. Corrugated box packaging is a useful and cost-effective solution to protect, preserve, and transport a wide range of cosmetic products. The corrugated box has the benefits of biodegradability, and recyclability, which have made it an essential part of the packaging industry.
– Visy’s corrugated packaging facility in Truganina was officially opened in Victoria, Australia, on April 9, 2022. The 36,500 sqm, USD 100 million corrugated plant showcases some of the world’s most modern technology and employs 85 people across all shifts, including office personnel. The latest operating facility was established as part of the company’s commitment to increase and innovate corrugating and converting capacity in Victoria.
– Another end-user that extensively relies on paperboard-based packaging is the retail industry. The global COVID-19 pandemic has brought change on a scale that the country has never seen before, altering the eCommerce industry trajectory. Last year Australian Post forecasted 12% of consumer spending would be conducted online by 2021. Yet, with the seismic shift brought about by COVID-19, the industry saw online hit 12% of total retail for March 2022 itself.
Access Free Sample Report Here@ https://www.sdki.us/sample-request-90477
– According to Australia Post, in 2022, Australia witnessed more people shopping online than ever before up 31% in April to 5.2 million. Compared to the average in 2022 and unsurprisingly, online purchases are growing at a rapid rate across the country. While the national average in 2022 was 17.2%, it has already shifted significantly for the year to April 30, 2022, with online purchases up 41% YOY. The boost in the e-commerce industry is expected to impact the paperboard packaging market in the country positively.
Pharmaceutical and Healthcare is Expected to Witness Significant Growth
– With extensive government reforms in drug pricing, structural changes, and unpredictability on reimbursement and pricing decisions, many pharmaceutical companies are being challenged in Australia. However, Australia is geographically well-placed when it comes to pharmaceutical exports due to its proximity to South Asia’s emerging markets. Even though countries, such as India and China, have low production costs, Australia has a more mature and regulatory regime, driving the demand for pharmaceutical paperboard packaging.
– In January 2022, Pelican BioThermal announced the further expansion of its worldwide reach into Australia and New Zealand. Wilpak Group International will engage in providing sales and support from its headquarters located in Melbourne, Australia. This signifies the expansion of the present successful global partnership with Wilpak Group International. Pelican BioThermal provides an option to its customers to utilize their InsulCap portfolio of thermal covers for the protection of temperature-sensitive pharmaceutical payloads.
– In March 2022, MediPharm Labs Corp, a manufacturer of specialized, research-focused pharmaceutical-quality cannabis extraction, derivative and distillation products, announced it would begin supplying finished pharmaceutical-quality cannabis oil products in Australia as part of a two-year agreement entered into between MediPharm Labs Australia Pty Ltd and Compass Clinics Australia Pty Ltd. In Australia, Compass Clinics opened its first two clinics in 2022 and will start to sell its own branded products. Additional clinics are expected to open in 2022.
– In May 2022, the Australian subsidiary of CSL Behring is set to develop a plasma-derived therapeutic for treating severe complications in COVID-19 patients. The company intends to focus on patients whose infection is progressing to the requirement for ventilation. Named COVID-19 Immunoglobulin, the therapeutic will be developed by CSL Behring Australia at its manufacturing facility in Broadmeadows, Victoria. Once the development is finished, paperboard packaging would become essential to export the therapeutic across various locations.
The Australia Paper and Paperboard Packaging Market is moderately fragmented with significant players such as Visy Industries, Paper Australia Pty Ltd, Abbe Corrugated Pty. Ltd., etc. occupying the majority of the market share. The companies in the country are forming multiple partnerships and mergers to increase their market share.
– April 2022 – Nippon Paper Industries Co., Ltd. and Paper Australia Pty Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company announced the completion of the purchase of Orora Limited’s paperboard and fiber-based packaging business in Australia/New Zealand. The Business is formed into a new trading entity, and together with Australian Paper, will form the “Opal” group of companies.
– March 2022 – With the outbreak of COVID-19, ABBE Corrugated improves its Business Continuity Plan by introducing comprehensive measures to deal with possible supply chain and manufacturing disruptions for reasons other than natural disasters and assists the Company to deal with the current situation.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
About SDKI :
The dynamic nature of business environment in the current global economy is raising the need amongst business professionals to update themselves with current situations in the market. To cater such needs, Shibuya Data Count ( SDKI ) provides market research reports to various business professionals across different industry verticals, such as healthcare & pharmaceutical, IT & telecom, chemicals and advanced materials, consumer goods & food, energy & power, manufacturing & construction, industrial automation & equipment and agriculture & allied activities amongst others.
For more information, please contact:
Shibuya Data Count
Tel: + 81 3 45720790
More Market Reports: