The Glass and Bottle Container market is the fastest-growing market in this region. These products are mainly used in food, alcoholic, and non-alcoholic beverage industry due to its chemical inertness and sterility.
– Glass bottles and jars are environmentally sustainable and can be recycled endlessly without any loss in purity or quality. The Glass and Bottle Container market industry requires recycled glass as it needs less energy to process. Additionally, a projected 80% of recovered glass containers are made into new glass bottles, and it can be done very quickly.
– The food and beverage industry is the major consumers of plastic and has taken a hit due to the economies plastic ban. For instance, in 2022, the Nigerian Government passed a new regulation to impose a fine of 5 million to plastic manufacturers. To tackle such prohibitions, significant players in the industry have started adopting glass bottles and containers.
Download PDF Sample Report For More Information@ https://www.sdki.us/sample-request-90593
– Additionally, colored glass containers also offer protection against light radiations, such as UV rays. These protective measures are crucial for product quality and are also mandated by the government in a majority of the African nations. Moreover, the development of the Narrow Neck Press and Blow process has resulted in a significant reduction in the weight of glass bottles. These lightweight bottles can reduce the number of raw materials and save 16% of glass entering the waste stream.
Key Market Trends
Liquid Beverages is expected to Hold for Major Market Share.
– Glass bottles are mainly used for packaging for alcoholic beverages such as wine, beer, and others. According to the South African Wine Industry report, the per capita consumption of wine in South Africa is 4.99%, which is increased by 0.2% from its previous year 2018. Moreover, the major in this market, such as Consol Glass (Pty) Ltd, Beta Glass Plc, Nurrin Pharmalab Pty Ltd, are also observing high demand from the alcoholic beverages industry.
– The advancement of technology is also fuelling the growth of this market. The use of innovative technologies such as Narrow Neck Press and Blow process allows better stability in glass production. Moreover, The lightweight glass bottles have more homogenous thickness distribution compared with the regular weight bottles and offer better performance of approximately 33% of the impact strength. Hence significant consumers in this industry prefer lightweight bottle for its better performance and its recyclability.
– Wine manufacturers are becoming increasingly innovative to attract customers with the packaging and are coming up with new concepts and designs, and they are becoming conscious of the use of recycled materials in their packaging and increasing the percentage of recycled glass used in their bottles. Hence this increasing awareness among the manufacturers will primarily drive the growth of this market. According to the SAWIS, in 2022, total glass packaging is accounted for 44.8% of the total still wine in South Africa.
South Africa to Hold the Significant Market Share
– South Africa has become one of the largest container glass producers and consumers on the African continent.Major vendors in this market such as Console Glass , Glamosa Glass are offering their products for the pharmaceutical, food and beverage industries. For instance, Console Glass operates its business through the four production plant in South Africa. Moreover, the overall production capacity of Console Glass is 855,000 tonnes of glass per annum.
– The wine consumption in South Africa is increasing year on year. Beer is the most preferred alcoholic beverage, and its annual consumption is 3.2 billion liters. According to the SAWIS, the domestic consumption of Wine in this country will increase by 4 % or 430 million liters in 2022, from 414 million liters in 2022.
– The rapidly growing pharmaceutical industry in this country is boosting the growth of the market. The demand for pharmaceutical glass and containers are majorly arising from densely populated cities such as Cape Town, Durban, etc. Moreover, the local tourism industry’s growing drive to stop using plastic bottles is fuelling the growth of this market. Hence, this is expected to create a massive opportunity for companies to produce glass or biodegradable containers.
Access Free Sample Report Here @ https://www.sdki.us/sample-request-90593
The Africa Glass and Container Market are moderately competitive. The major vendors in this market have a strong foothold in this market due to their reliable access to distribution channels. Additionally, Console Glass (Pty) Ltd operates in Kenya, Nigeria, and Ethiopia, and the capacity of theses three plants is 37,000, 40,000, and 40,000 tons per annum of container glass products, respectively. Some other major vendors in this market are Bonpak (Pty) Ltd, Moco Cosmetic Packaging cc, Nurrin Pharmalab Pty Ltd, Amposan S.A, Beta Glass Plc, Gamosa Glass, etc.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
About SDKI :
The dynamic nature of business environment in the current global economy is raising the need amongst business professionals to update themselves with current situations in the market. To cater such needs, Shibuya Data Count ( SDKI ) provides market research reports to various business professionals across different industry verticals, such as healthcare & pharmaceutical, IT & telecom, chemicals and advanced materials, consumer goods & food, energy & power, manufacturing & construction, industrial automation & equipment and agriculture & allied activities amongst others.
For more information, please contact:
Shibuya Data Count
Tel: + 81 3 45720790
More Market Reports: